Under the overall supervision of the Deputy Head of Programmes and the direct supervision of the National Associate Movement Operations Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing effective and efficient administrative support to Operations team at IOM Algeria.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Undertake field support activities in an assigned area or areas, such as at an airport, transit center, third-party facility, camp-based operation or sub-office, or in relation to transportation.
- Perform airport services, such as providing custodial care of travel documentation; verifying identities and documentation, including exit permissions, visas, tickets and other items in the travel bag; assisting with airport formalities, including flight arrivals, curb-side assistance, check-in, luggage formalities, immigration procedures, security screening systems and customs clearance; escorting arriving individuals to ground transportation and departing individuals to their gates; visually confirming flights have departed; ensuring individuals with special needs or equipment receive appropriate support; and, as needed, sending notifications using relevant systems.
- Assist individuals at transit centers or third-party facilities, including upon arrival with sign-in, verification of identity, orientation, food and non-food items and room assignments; during their stay with food and non-food items, instructions, briefings, activities and resolution of issues; and upon departure for medical appointments, return travel or onward travel with briefings, luggage support and transition to transportation. Enter and update relevant data in the appropriate systems and ensure vulnerable individuals are assisted in a manner that ensures their safety, security and comfort; report all issues immediately to the appropriate supervisor(s).
- Provide assistance at transit centers and third-party facilities for extended periods of up to 12 hours and during overnight periods and weekends, ensuring the needs of individuals are met throughout their stay. Communicate promptly with third-party facility representatives and/or supervisors if issues arise.
- Assist in the coordination of transportation from consolidation points, transit centers and third-party facilities, including liaising with service providers, ensuring the identity verification, readiness and organization of individuals being transported, and providing relevant briefings. Assist with baggage sorting, tagging and handling and escort individuals on transportation as needed. Ensure individuals with special needs are provided with appropriate services and report any issues to supervisors immediately.
- Provide selection mission support, exit permit support and/or interpretation services for individuals at the airport, in transit centers, camps, consolidation points and third-party facilities or during transport by air, ground or water.
- Provide regular feedback on work being accomplished to the National Associate Movement Operations Officer and/or supervisors and team members and keep supervisors immediately informed of any issues requiring their attention.
- Maintain and ensure the confidentiality and integrity of all relevant paperwork in line with standards of conduct and data protection rules. Alert the National Associate Movement Operations Officer or management of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by IOM staff members or partners.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Four years of working experience with secondary high school education; two years of working experience with bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Good knowledge of information technology and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, and SharePoint.
- Previous work experience in international organizations and companies would be an advantage.
- Prior Movement Operations or transportation experience is a strong advantage
- Fluency in English is required.
- Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates or candidates holding the Algerian residence and valid working permit are invited to submit their applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 August 2022 at the latest, referring to this advertisement SVN/2022/007
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed (resume and cover letter)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 19.07.2022 to 01.08.2022